Top of the page
Interstellar RIG™ Goggle '19
- View All
Microfiber Goggle bag
The Interstellar goggle will be your favorite new mountain tool. Featuring Sweet Protection’s proprietary lens-technology RIG™ these goggles will ensure enhanced contrast in low light conditions. Never experience fingerprints again with our patented lens change technology the ExcenterLock. A revolutionary lens change mechanism enabling the user a secure fastening of the lens without ever having to touch the lens surface. Stay protected with the Sweet Protection specific sculpted toric lense, which penetration level has proved itself worthy beyond the call of duty. The carbon enforced, co-molded frame creates a rigid frame for the lens and secures optimal vision without distortions. Double lenses equipped with GORE® Protective Vents for pressure equalization will avoid deformation of the inner lens due to variable atmospheric pressure – providing optimal working conditions for the eyes. The Interstellar goggle fits flawlessly with all Sweet Protection freeride helmets and secures an optimal field of view.
- Contrast enhancing
- Minimal distortion
- A revolutionary lens change mechanism to avoid fingerprints
- Extreme impact resistance
- GORE protective vents
- Supreme field of vision
- A unique coating to withstand water of any form
- RIG™ (Retina Illumination Grading) is a contrast enhancing lens technology which is true to the colors of the environment and reduces eye fatigue.
- Some Sweet Protection goggles are using GORE® Protective Vents in the dual lens assembly. The GORE® Protective Vents sole intention is to equalize the pressure between the outer lens and the inner lens to provide minimal optical distortion by avoiding deformation of the inner lens due to variable atmospheric pressure. GORE® is a trademark of W. L. Gore & Associates
- The Sweet Protection goggles are all in a class of its own when it comes to field of vision.
- The Sweet Protection goggle lenses are penetration proof beyond the call of duty
- The first sculpted toric goggle lens in the world! Extremely strong and rigid toric lens providing superior optical properties with minimum distortin while providing extreme impact resistance. The sculpted “Eye Black” geometry helps to increase contrast, reduce glare and increase lens rigidty
- Lightweight sylindical lens with superior optical properties and minimum distortion. Impact resistant, with incredible field of vision.
- A unique coating making sure that water in any shape or form don’t stick.
- CA Cellulose Acetate anti-fog inner lens
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced lens bedding moulded together with soft TPU avoiding optical distortion while wearing the goggles.
- A revolutionary patented lens change mechanism. Secure fastening without ever having to touch the lens surface.
How to care for your Sweet Protection Eyewear
IMPORTANT GOGGLE LENS INFORMATION:
The outer lens is treated with a super oleophobic and a hydrophobic coating to help clear visibility and to make sure the goggles are easy to clean and maintain. To help preserve the optical quality of Sweet Protection outer lenses, your new eyewear comes with a woven, microfiber cloth bag specially designed for cleaning and storage. Hand wash and air dry the microfiber bag regularly.
ANTI-FOG INNER LENSES:
To avoid fogging of the goggles, each inner lens is embedded with a premium anti-fog treatment. Do not touch or rub the inner lens, as you will deteriorate/ damage the anti-fog treatment. To clean the anti-fog inner lens, gently touch the inner lens surface with a clean micro fiber cloth/goggle bag to absorb excess moisture. Do not use the Sweet Protection lens cleaning kit or any other cleaning agent on the inner lens.
CLEANING, CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
If snow or water should collect inside the goggle, follow these steps:
- Shake excess snow from the goggle interior. Clear all ventilation ports and lens vents. Use the goggle bag that is included with your goggle to gently blot any remaining moisture.
- Allow time for moisture to dissipate. Once the goggle is put back on, keep moving as much as possible. Airflow through the vents will help dry the goggle.
Guidelines to maximize performance and longevity:
- Avoid resting the goggle on your forehead, hat or helmet. This reduces the efficiency of ventilation ports and exposes the interior to moisture vapor from melting snow, perspiration and body oils. To minimize fogging, always keep your goggles on your face.
For proper cleaning and storage, remember the following:
- Do not use paper products, ski gloves or other abrasive materials to clean the goggle. - Allow the goggle to air dry before storing for extended periods.
- Do not leave the goggle in areas of concentrated heat and sunlight, such as on a car dashboard or hanging from a rearview mirror.
- Protect the lens and face foam by storing the goggle in its protective bag. The best way of storing your google is in the Sweet Protection goggle case which is sold separately. Please visit your local authorized Sweet Protection dealer or visit: www.sweetprotection.com to purchase this item.
LENS CLEANING KIT:
Sweet Protection lens cleaning kit are specifically formulated and approved to use on Sweet Protection outer lenses. Otherwise, use only mild soap and water to clean your product. Dry after rinsing by gently blotting with the microfiber goggle bag provided.
The tech behind Interstellar RIG™
Choosing the right lens
The ultimate freeride goggle