Our brand new race helmet platform suitable for all disciplines. The Volata represents the latest in FIS approved race helmet development with a brand new variable elasticity thermoplastic shell, front and rear in-molded Gate Shields to protect the helmet from gate impacts, as well as proven impact shield technology. The Volata is prepared to receive our quick-fit chin guard system for slalom events. The chin guard can be mounted/unmounted in a matter of seconds and is sold separately. Additional features are emergency removal ear pads, and two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing. The Volata MIPS is equipped with 3-L MIPS, our unique MIPS system developed especially for the Volata race helmets, designed to reduce rotational forces on the brain. Aksel Lund Svindal edition helmet.
- Finally a high-end Race Helmet suitable for all disciplines
- Our latest technology in FIS-approved race helmets
- Especially crafted for speed and slalom events
- Quick-fit Chin Guard system to easily get ready for slalom events
- Emergency removal ear pads
- Two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing at high speed.
- Equipped with MIPS, a technology that reduces rotational forces on the brain
- Our injection molded ABS Thermoplastic Race Shell is very impact resistant through its special rubber toughened construction. The shell is molded with extreme precision to offer the best performance to weight ratio.
- Helmets with Impact Shields feature a molded shock absorbing EPS liner with Impact Shield inserts that provide unsurpassed performance for shock absorbance. This is our premium impact protection technology. It distributes impact from the inside of the helmet over larger areas in crucial zones where the head needs it (front and back).
- Gate Shields are EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) with polycarbonate shells in-molded into the main EPS liner to protect the shock absorbing structure of the helmet from gate impacts. The Gate Shields are placed both in the front and the back of the helmet, as the gates tend to bend after an impact in the front, and hit the helmet in the back as well.
- A special MIPS solution development together with engineers at MIPS for optimized functionality with the Volata helmet platform. The 3-Layer MIPS construction adds protection against rotational motion caused by angled impacts to the head and is optimized for the race ready fit of the Volata.
- 1. 3D shaped vented lining. Moisture wicking, removable, washable
- 2. Quick Release Emergency removal ear pads
- 3. Race specific micro adjustment ratchet buckle
How To Take Care Of Your Sweet Helmet
In order for you to enjoy the safety of the Sweet Protection Helmet, please take some time to carefully read how you should take care of your helmet.
Before every time you use your helmet, make sure nothing is badly torn, worn or missing.
Replacement: Your helmet is made to absorb some of the potential energy of a blow. Even though damage may not be visible or apparent, it is infinitely important that any helmet having suffered from a major impact in an accident, or has received a similarly severe blow, should be replaced. An inspection of the helmet might not reveal any apparent damage, but it might be there. Sweet Protection also advise that any helmet should be replaced after approximately three years of normal use, or even sooner if exposed to long periods of sun, hard use, or any contact with chemicals. The helmet must also be replaced if it does not fit anymore.
For cleaning, use clean water (max temperature 30°C) and mild soap only. Dry naturally and not in contact with direct heat or on hot surfaces.
Avoid any applications of paint, adhesive stickers/transfers, cleaning fluids, chemicals and other solvents that may drastically reduce the protection given by this helmet.
The helmet will be damaged if exposed to temperatures exceeding 62°C (ca. 150°F). Please note that leaving the helmet in the window of your car (or similar) on a warm and sunny day, it may easily exceed this temperature. If exposed to such temperatures, the helmet must be immediately discarded and replaced.
The helmet will not perform as intended if you modify or replace any of the original elements included in the helmet. Please note that any customizing is not recommended, and that this will cancel the warranty. Sweet Protection or our distributors will not accept any responsibility for damage, injuries resulting from misuse or from a modified helmet.
For carrying the helmet, use the package supplied by Sweet Protection. After the use, the helmet must be stored unpacked in a cool, dry, dark place away from heat sources, frost, high humidity, corrosive substances or other possible causes of damage. During transportation avoid that any sharp object damages it by falling from above. After buying the helmet keep the packaging, it will be used for carrying it or in presence of some defects for the warranty validity at the shop where you bought it.
Accessories and spare parts: Accessories and/or replacement parts are available in the Sweet Protection’s catalogue. Use only original accessories supplied by Sweet Protection.